Safeguarding at City College Norwich
Our College recognises our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of students.
We endeavour to provide a safe and welcoming environment where young people are respected and valued. We will be alert to the signs of abuse and neglect and will follow our procedures to ensure that young people receive effective support, protection and justice.
We have put together the information below to explain how we meet our safeguarding and child protection responsibilities. We have also included some tips to help you to keep your child safe.
Our safeguarding policy and procedures
Everything we do at City College Norwich is to enhance our student’s experience. Students and their safety is of paramount importance. We seek to provide a safe and supportive environment where the welfare and health and safety of students is valued, promoted and safeguarded so that students can learn and progress in a safe and secure environment.
The purpose of our safeguarding policy and procedure is to ensure that every young person who is registered at our College is safe and protected from harm.
This means that we will always work to:
- protect children and young people at our organisation from maltreatment
- prevent impairment of our students health or development
- ensure that children and young people at our college grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- undertake that role so as to enable students at our college to have optimum life chances and enter adulthood successfully
The safeguarding policy aims to:
- define organisational and individual roles and responsibilities for safeguarding
- outline our legal responsibilities in relation to safeguarding
- outline the process for managing safeguarding referrals
Our ethos: to provide a safe environment for our students
We are committed to promoting a positive, supportive and secure environment where students can develop a sense of being valued.
We do this through the effective implementation of a series of procedures related to health, safety and well-being. The following procedures will support our commitment to providing a safe learning environment:
- Admissions and Review
- Alcohol and Drugs
- Bullying and Harassment
- Confidential Care Plan
- Disruptive Behaviour in the Classroom
- Staying Safe Online
- Student Absence
- Unwell Students
- Code of Conduct for Staff
City College Norwich seeks to provide a safe and supportive environment where the welfare and health and safety of students is paramount. Our Code of Conduct for Staff aims to help staff safeguard students and reduce the risk of conduct which could be mistakenly interpreted as improper and lead to allegations being made against individuals.
Contact City College Norwich Safeguarding Team
Our Safeguarding Officers are Cat Warrington, Jackie Orbell and Marie Pacey. You can contact the team on 01603 773426, 07795 487645 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Designated Senior Leaders (DSLs)
- Corrienne Peasgood
- Jerry White
- Helen Richardson-Hulme
- Jacky Sturman (Paston College)
Safeguarding and wellbeing emails to students
- March 2019 - Student wellbeing: social media friendships
- February 2019 - Safeguarding News for Students
- January 2019 - Safeguarding News for Students
- November 2018 - Safeguarding for Students: safety on nights out, extremism and radicalisation
- October 2018 - Wellbeing and Safety for Students