Professional Accounting / Taxation Technician Apprenticeship Level 4 Standard
- August 2019, Apprenticeship
Want to become an accountant or work in a finance role? The AAT Accounting Qualification is your route to an exciting professional career. Whether you want to start earning straight away, go on to Chartered Studies, or set up your own Practice, the career options are endless. The AAT Professional Diploma delivers a high level of practical skills, knowledge and effective performance in the workplace and gives progression to AAT full membership and the UK Chartered Accountancy Qualifications.
Course Content includes:
• Financial Statements for Limited Companies;
• Management accounting: Budgeting;
• Management accounting: Decision and Control;
• Personal Tax
• Business Tax
• Knowledge and understanding of the core elements of double entry bookkeeping and accounting standards enable accountants to create and report financial information to the users of accounts.
• Knowledge and understanding of the core elements of personal and business taxation and accounting principles.
You will complete the Level 4 Professional Accounting / Taxation Technician Apprenticeship Standard.
• This Apprenticeship will involve college attendance and off the job training.
• You will also develop your knowledge, skills and behaviours.
• You need to have an employer to support your Apprenticeship and be employed in a relevant job role.
• The typical length of this Apprenticeship course is 18-24 months.
Contact our Apprenticeship Team to find out when our next course start date is.
If you already have an employer for your Apprenticeship, or would like more information on how to find an Apprenticeship, please click Apply Now.
If you are an Employer who is looking to recruit an Apprentice or already have someone you would like to enrol onto the Apprenticeship course, please contact our Apprenticeship Team on 01603 773365 or email EmployerPartnerships@CCN.ac.uk to discuss next steps.
• Individual employers will identify entry requirements in terms of previous qualifications, training or other criteria.
• AAT Advanced Diploma Level 3 in Accountancy.
• Most candidates will have Level 2 Maths and English (equivalent to GCSE grade C or above), ideally as part of 5 GCSE A-C grades or other comparable qualifications.
• In order to enrol onto an Apprenticeship, you need to be employed in a relevant job role and undertake a range of tasks which would enable you to complete the Apprenticeship qualification.
Examples of roles as a Professional Accounting/Tax Technician include, but are not limited to, Assistant Auditor, Assistant Management Accountant, Assistant Financial Accountant, Accounts Payable and Expenses Supervisor, Commercial Analyst, Payroll Manager, Senior Bookkeeper, Senior Financial Officer, Tax Investigations Officer, Personal Tax Assistant and Business Tax Assistant.
For the full Apprenticeship, candidates will complete:
• Level 4 Professional Accounting / Taxation Technician Apprenticeship Standard
• Level 2 Functional Skills in English
• Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths
You will learn about your rights and responsibilities as an employee and those of the employer with guidance from your work based assessor.
Training and assessments are delivered in the workplace and in college. Apprentices will be required to attend college-based sessions as part of their training, whilst also completing off-the-job training in the workplace. You will also complete assessments and observations in the workplace.
You will need to complete Level 2 Maths and English before End Point Assessment.
At the end of the Apprenticeship you will complete an End Point Assessment which will comprise of two components:
1) A Portfolio of evidence that demonstrates competence in the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours defined in the Standard, which have been gathered from practical experience in the workplace. This can include outputs from work, independent feedback, observations and professional discussions. The Apprentice must then produce a Reflective Statement that reflects on this Portfolio, either through a written statement, presentation or structured discussion with Independent Assessors appointed by an Assessment Organisation.
2) A Role Simulation giving the Apprentice the opportunity to tackle a series of business-related tasks through a simulation that reflects activities undertaken in a typical role at this level of competence. An Assessment Organisation will set the simulation, ensure robust invigilation and mark the assessment.
• Although AAT is an excellent qualification in its own right, further study can be continued into Chartered Accountancy exams if desired.
• Completion of the Professional Accounting/Tax Technician Apprenticeship may lead to the candidate receiving credits towards the completion of the Professional Accountant/Tax Apprenticeship or Chartered Accountancy/Taxation qualifications provided by the relevant Professional Bodies.
• Completion of the Professional Accounting/Tax Technician Apprenticeship may also result in credits being awarded towards relevant undergraduate degree programmes.
Career prospects are excellent. The AAT professional Diploma will open doors for you, paving the way for further progression, with an internationally recognised and respected qualification that shows potential employers that you have been trained to a high standard. For further information please check The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) website: www.AAT.org.uk
Apprenticeship course fees are subject to the age of the apprentice, the payroll of the employer and the number of employees. Course fees are paid by the employer and not the apprentice. Employers who take on an apprentice aged between 16-18 years old, or with an Educational Health Care Plan, will receive an Incentive Payment to help cover their costs. To discuss Apprenticeship course fees, employers should contact the Apprenticeship Team on 0800 328 3616 or email EmployerPartnerships@ccn.ac.uk
For more information on recruiting an apprentice or if you would like to train your existing staff please contact our Apprenticeship Team on 0800 328 3616 or email EmployerPartnerships@ccn.ac.uk
Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Level 2 Standard
Level 2, Apprenticeship, 2 years
Team Leader Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
Level 3, Apprenticeship, 2 years
Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
Level 3, Apprenticeship, 2 years
HR Support Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
Level 3, Apprenticeship, 2 years